Innisbrook Resort’s Famed Copperhead Course to Salute Past Republican Presidents in Honor of RNC
18 Presidents = 18 holes of golf at the one of the country?s top courses
As the Sunshine?s State official host hotel for the Republican National Convention (RNC), Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf & Spa Resort, is renaming the holes on its top-ranked Copperhead Course after history?s 18 U.S. Republican Presidents.
The RNC will take place in Tampa from August 27-30. During the week of the event, the 18 past Republican Presidents will be recognized in the order they held office ? beginning with the first hole named after Abraham Lincoln. Innisbrook?s Copperhead Course is a favorite among the PGA TOUR players that compete on its hilly terrain annually during an internationally televised tournament.
Innisbrook is also hosting South Carolina?s delegates, and is offering a variety of themed specials during the convention, which is being held in the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
The 18 Republican Presidents are as follows:
- Abraham Lincoln (1861-1865)
- Ulysses S. Grant (1869-1877)
- Rutherford B. Hayes (1877-1881)
- James A. Garfield (1881)
- Chester A. Arthur (1881-1885)
- Benjamin Harrison (1889-1893)
- William McKinley (1897-1901)
- Theodore Roosevelt (1901-1909)
- William Howard Taft (1909-1913)
- Warren G. Harding (1921-1923)
- Calvin Coolidge (1923-1929)
- Herbert Hoover (1929-1933)
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953-1961)
- Richard Nixon (1969-1974)
- Gerald R. Ford (1974-1977)
- Ronald Reagan (1981-1989)
- George H. W. Bush (1989-1993)
- George W. Bush (2001-2009)
To view the current names of each of Copperhead?s 18 golf holes click here.
Innisbrook is located at 36750 U.S. Hwy. 19 North, Innisbrook, FL 34684. For more information, visit online at www.VisitInnisbrook.com or call (727) 942-2000.