Hilton Worldwide At-A-Glance
The following highlights are recent examples of how we at Hilton Worldwide are furthering our mission to be the preeminent global hospitality company.
In Q2 2012 Hilton Worldwide:
- Led the industry with the largest global pipeline by rooms, per STR ? currently have more than 161,000 rooms in the pipeline, the?largest offering in company history.
- Became the fastest growing major hotel company, expanding the company?s portfolio by 29% since June 2007 and surpassing all competitors in total rate of room growth (STR).
- Launched Design Studio?TM?and unveiled Hilton Valet TM?and Hilton Connectivity Station TM to enhance the guest experience through innovative technology and design.
- Launched Support the Dream to encourage fans to submit good luck messages to Team USA before the London 2012 Olympic Games.?For every message posted, HHonors donated $1 worth of amenities to the U.S. Olympic Team.
- Announced new benefits for AARP members, making them eligible to receive discounts on standard room rates, as well as other?promotional offers.
- Waldorf Astoria Shanghai received the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award, the industry?s highest standard for excellence in hospitality.
- Signed a management agreement with Hoan Kiem Tourism & Trading Company Limited to introduce the first Hilton Garden
- Inn in Vietnam.
- Broke ground in Philadelphia with what will be the brand?s largest property.
- Won a bronze award at the 33rd Annual Telly Awards for its culture training video titled ?Be at Home…Today!?
- Signed a management agreement with J.G.J. Proyectistas S.A.C. to introduce the first Hilton Hotels & Resorts hotel in Lima, Peru.
- Announced three new agreements for Homewood Suites by?Hilton in Canada, growing the brand?s Canadian portfolio by 60% in 2012.
- Commissioned a report, titled Balancing Russia?s Tourism Deficit: A Report on the Future of the Industry, which revealed that tourist spend in Russia could double to more than US$15bn by 2016.
- Partnered with UniCredit to launch the first lodging co-branded credit card in Italy, the HHonors Card from UniCredit.
Middle East & Africa
- Opened the Hilton Doha, Hilton Hotels & Resorts? first hotel in Qatar. The hotel also includes the first eforea: spa at Hilton in the Middle East.
- Signed a management agreement with Alderney Establishment
- to launch Hilton Worldwide?s first luxury hotel in South Africa: Conrad Pezula Resort & Spa.
- Signed an agreement to introduce two new premium hotels
- in Tangier, the brand?s first hotels in one of Morocco?s fastest growing cities: Hilton Tanger Center Hotel & Residences and Hilton Garden Inn Tanger City Center.
- Signed a management agreement with Ramtron Australia Pty?Ltd. to open the first DoubleTree by Hilton property in Karratha, Australia.
- Partnered with the International Youth Foundation (IYF), a global organization that realizes the power and promise of young people, and announced that Christopher J. Nassetta will join IYF?s board.
- Partnered with Room to Read to educate and empower young?girls in India and Southeast Asia. The partnership has raised over $425,000 and funded the construction of libraries and education.