Loews to develop next Live! hotel
St. Louis, Missouri – 4 October 2017 –
Loews Hotels announced today plans to build its first-ever St. Louis hotel, which will be part of Ballpark Village’s $260 million expansion project. Ballpark Village, developed by the St. Louis Cardinals and The Cordish Companies, is a mixed-use dining and entertainment district adjacent to Busch Stadium. The hotel will debut as Live! by Loews – St. Louis, MO, a partnership between Loews Hotels & Co., The Cordish Companies and the St. Louis Cardinals.
The Live! by Loews hotel concept was developed jointly by two of the most prominent and respected names in hospitality and entertainment: Loews Hotels & Co and The Cordish Companies. Loews Hotels & Co has been a leader in the hotel industry for more than sixty years, offering distinctive experiences to its guests, for business, group, leisure and family travellers. The Cordish Companies’ Live! brand has set a new national standard in dining, hospitality and entertainment destinations, welcoming over 50 million visitors annually to its entertainment districts.
The $65 million hotel will bring an upscale hospitality experience to downtown St. Louis. The 8-story hotel tower is part of a dynamic plan to complete a full build-out of Clark Street, transforming it into one of the most unique city streets in all of the professional sports.
Live! by Loews – St. Louis, MO will feature:
- 216 luxury guestrooms, including 19 suites
- 17,000 square feet of meeting and special event space that boasts incredible views of Busch Stadium, downtown St. Louis and the Gateway Arch. Located on the hotel’s second level, these spaces include:
- A Grand Ballroom that flows out to an outdoor amenity deck
- An Executive Board Room
- Several break out meeting rooms
- An expansive, exclusive outdoor event terrace
- Great Room Lounge and Outdoor Terrace: A sophisticated central gathering place that offers both indoor and outdoor guest experiences. Located on the first level, the Great Room lounge area and outdoor terrace will provide guests with the opportunity to enjoy premier food and beverage offerings, private dining options, and an impressive digital AV experience that showcases sports, entertainment and art.
- Fitness facility, lobby and porte-cochere entrance with 24-hour valet services
Live! by Loews – St. Louis, MO will become the second hotel to carry the Live! by Loews name. The first announced location, Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX, will open in the heart of the Arlington Entertainment District between the Texas Rangers’ Globe Life Park and the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium. Live! by Loews – Arlington, TX will anchor the $250 million world-class Texas Live! dining, entertainment and hospitality destination being developed in partnership with The Cordish Companies, the Texas Rangers and the City of Arlington.
Over the past three years, Loews Hotels & Co has expanded its Midwest presence, with the additions of Loews Chicago, Loews Chicago O’Hare and Loews Minneapolis. Earlier this year Loews announced the 800-room, Loews Kansas City Convention Center Hotel, which will open in early 2020.